Bell Pepper Nachos
Yield: 9 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 3 bell peppers, gently rubbed under cold running water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees when measured with a food thermometer. Drain fat.
- In a small bowl, combine spices and salsa. Add to cooked meat.
- Remove seeds, core and membrane from bell peppers. Slice each one into 6 vertical pieces. Set sliced bell peppers on prepared baking sheet.
- Evenly distribute meat mixture into the bell pepper slices. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are hot.
- Calories 153
- Total Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Sodium 315mg
- Total Carbohydrates 5g
- Fiber 1g