Balancing the calories you eat with the calories your body uses will help you maintain a healthy weight and prevent disease. Everyone has their own calorie limit. Staying within that limit can help you lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup salsa
- 3 bell peppers, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees when measured with a food thermometer. Drain fat.
- In a small bowl, combine spices and salsa. Add to cooked meat.
- Remove seeds, core and membrane from bell peppers. Slice each one into 6 vertical pieces. Set sliced bell peppers on prepared baking sheet.
- Evenly distribute meat mixture into the bell pepper slices. Top with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are hot.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Serving Size (1/9 of recipe):
- Calories 153
- Total Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 4g
- Sodium 315mg
- Total Carbohydrates 5g
- Fiber 1g