Baked Butternut Squash
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 butternut (or acorn) squash, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Scrub produce with clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and coat foil with vegetable cooking spray.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and strings. Cut into ½-inch slices.
- Place the squash in a bowl. Drizzle the squash with the oil. Add brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger and toss to coat evenly.
- Place squash on baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until fork tender.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size (1/2 cup):
- Calories 140
- Total Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 5mg
- Total Carbohydrates 21g
- Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 9g, includes 7g Added Sugars
- Protein 1g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 6%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 8%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor