- 2 tilapia fillets or other white fish
- 1 teaspoon Baharat spice mix*
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ Tablespoon vegetable oil
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rub spice mix and salt (if desired) over both sides of the fish fillet.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Lay the fish fillets in the skillet. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw fish.
- Cook 3-4 minutes. Flip the fillets and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. The fish will cook quickly. It is done when the internal temperature reaches 145⁰F when measured with a food thermometer.
- Serve with rice, couscous, salad, or other vegetable side dishes.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
*Baharat is a widely used spice blend in Middle Eastern cuisine. It includes black pepper, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, cardamom, cinnamon, paprika, and cloves. Make your own blend by following this recipe.
- Serving Size (1 filet):
- Calories 150
- Total Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 1.5g
- Cholesterol 50mg
- Sodium 50mg
- Total Carbohydrates 1g
- Fiber 1g
- Total Sugars 0g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 23g
- Vitamin D 15%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 8%