Asparagus with Mustard Vinaigrette
Yield: 3 Servings
- 1.5 pounds asparagus, gently rubbed under cold running water, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (apple cider, red wine, or balsamic)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon mustard (Dijon or other)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse produce.
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups of water to a boil and cook asparagus for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Strain asparagus and place in a bowl of cold water.
- Mix vinegar, oil, mustard, garlic powder, basil, oregano, and nutmeg (optional) together in a separate bowl.
- Strain asparagus again once cool and coat in the mustard vinaigrette dressing. Serve.
Instead of boiling asparagus, asparagus can be tossed with the vinegar and oil mixture and eaten raw.
- Serving Size (1 cup):
- Calories 90
- Total Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 120mg
- Total Carbohydrates 10g
- Fiber 5g
- Total Sugars 3g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 6g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 10%
- Potassium 10%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor
Recipe Credit: Adapted from Maine SNAP-Ed