Angel Food Delight
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 (16 ounce) box 1-step angel food cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce or 20 ounce) can of fruit, packed in juice, such as peaches or pineapple
- low-fat whipped topping
- fruit for garnish (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven according to directions on cake mix.
- If using a 16 ounce can of fruit, add 1/2 cup water to fruit.
- In a large bowl, mash the fruit if sliced or whole. A potato masher or pastry blender works well for this.
- Add angel food cake mix to fruit. Stir just until blended. Do not overmix.
- Bake and cool according to directions on package.
- Serve with whipped topping and fresh fruit, if desired.
- Serving Size (1/12 of recipe):
- Calories 160
- Total Fat 0g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 330mg
- Total Carbohydrates 35g
- Fiber 0g
- Total Sugars 27g
- Protein 3g
- Vitamin A 2%
- Vitamin C 2%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 2%