This video was developed for K-2nd grade teachers to show students best practice strategies for how to correctly wash their hands. The following topics are discussed:
- Why do we wash our hands?
- What are germs?
- When should we wash our hands?
- Best practices for handwashing.
- Additional handwashing resources.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, "Regular handwashing is one of the best ways to remove germs, avoid getting sick and prevent the spread of germs to others." This video can be shared to promote proper handwashing.
K-2nd Grade Handwashing Video
- School Enrichment Nutrition Kits, Nebraska Extension
- Handwashing: Clean Hands Save Lives, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)