Printer-friendly PDF Copy
Alice Henneman, MS, RDN
Filled with fresh vegetables and minimal fat and salt, these are so easy to fix! Prepare them on the grill or in the oven.
- Toss together such veggies as sliced peppers, onions, carrots, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, zucchini, and broccoli/cauliflower florets with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add a few springs of fresh herbs, such as rosemary and thyme, if desired.
TIP: Choose veggies for which a range of textures from tender-crisp to almost roasted are acceptable to you. This is easier than trying to open the foil packet and check their degree of tenderness.
- Transfer veggies to individual pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil, large enough to fold the ends and sides together tightly to seal.
- Grill over medium high heat about 15—20 minutes; or grill about 8—10 minutes on high heat. Turn once.
- OR place packets on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 400°F oven. Bake for about 20—30 minutes. Place packet just above the middle of the oven on a cookie sheet. Turn once.
- Open carefully as steam will come out. Cut open foil packets with a sharp knife and carefully fold back the foil so the steam can escape. Serve directly from packet.