Enjoy fresh vegetables and fruits that are in season. In-season produce has more flavor and is usually cheaper. Great sources of seasonal produce include planting a garden and/or shopping at a local farmers market or a local grocery store. Buying local foods help support local farmers and the economy while knowing where your food comes from.
Explore Nebraska's produce by season while learning how to select, properly store, and the nutritional benefits of eating produce. Check out the tips and recipes on how to use produce. Handouts and recipe cards are provided that you can view, download, and/or print to use.
What's in Season
Additional Fresh Produce Resources
- Fruits & Veggies, Produce for Better Health Foundation
- Seasonal and Simple App and Website, University of Missouri Extension
- Produce Basics, Spend Smart. Eat Smart.
- Fruits, MyPlate, United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Vegetables, MyPlate, United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- MyPlate Kitchen, MyPlate, United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Seasonal Produce Guide, SNAP-Ed Connection
- Eat Local, Buy Fresh Buy Local Nebraska
- Double Up Food Bucks, Nebraska Extension
- Seasonal Produce Calendars, The Dish Real Talk About Food