Vegetables provide important nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, folate (folic acid), and dietary fiber. It is important to eat a variety of vegetables because different vegetables provide different nutrients.
- 1 cup zucchini, gently rubbed under cold running water, shredded
- 2 cups water or low-fat milk
- 1 cup rolled or quick oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter (optional)
- 1 small banana, gently rubbed under cold running water, peeled and sliced (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate chips (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, combine zucchini, water or milk, oats, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir.
- Microwave again for 1 minute. Stir. Continue microwaving and stirring until oats are soft.
- Stir in peanut butter if desired. Top with optional banana slices and chocolate chips.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Serving Size (1/4 of recipe):
- Calories 83
- Total Fat 1g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 8mg
- Total Carbohydrates 15g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 1g
- Protein 3g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 5%
- Potassium 3%