Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread
Yield: 16 servings
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat or whole white wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup raisins (optional)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water. Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Coat a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw eggs.
- To the eggs, add sugar, oil, zucchini and vanilla. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, measure dry ingredients and stir to combine. Add nuts and raisins, if desired.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture. Stir just until all ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon into loaf pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 50 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center. It should come out dry. Careful not to overbake.
- Allow loaf to cool 5 to 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Serve warm or allow to cool before slicing.
- Store in a covered container or freeze.
- Calories 170
- Total Fat 4.5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 330mg
- Total Carbohydrates 31g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 13g, includes 13g Added Sugars
- Protein 4g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 2%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor
Adapted from: Favorite Recipes for Family Meals, Washington State University Extension and MyPlate Kitchen.