Turkey or Chicken Soup
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 cup chopped, cooked turkey or chicken
- Dash of pepper
- ¼ cup chopped onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water
- ¼ cup chopped celery, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water
- 2 carrots, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, diced
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked pasta (such as bowtie, shells, macaroni, etc.) OR 1 cup cooked rice
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Add all ingredients, except pasta or rice to pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook covered until vegetables are tender crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta or cooked rice and cook a few more minutes until pasta or rice is heated.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Calories 270
- Total Fat 4.5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 29mg
- Sodium 500mg
- Total Carbohydrates 29g
- Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 7g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 10%
- Potassium 10%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor