Sweet Potato and Apple Casserole
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, peeled, and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 baking apple, gently rubbed under cold running water, sliced
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- Wash hands with soap and water. Preheat oven to 350 ⁰F. Lightly grease or spray with nonstick cooking spray a 1 ½ quart casserole dish.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, mix together the orange juice, brown sugar, butter or margarine, cinnamon and dried cranberries or raisins. Heat and continue to stir until the sugar is dissolved and the margarine is melted.
- In a large bowl, mix together the potatoes, apples and orange juice mixture. Transfer to a casserole dish
- Bake, covered, for one hour or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Stir the mixture before serving to coat the sweet potatoes and apples with the juices accumulated at the bottom.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Calories 207
- Total Fat 3g
- Sodium 235mg
- Total Carbohydrates 44g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 2.5g