Fruits have important nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. They are also low in calories, fat, and sodium. Choose canned fruit packed in 100% fruit juice instead of syrup, which has added sugars.
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can peaches, drained and diced
- 3 oranges, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, peeled, sectioned and cut into thirds
- 3 apples, gently rubbed under cold running water, cored and cubed
- 2 bananas, gently rubbed under cold running water, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt, apricot or any fruit flavor
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, combine prepared fruit.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, honey, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Pour the yogurt mixture over the fruit. Mix well.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Serving Size (1/14 of recipe):
- Calories 90
- Total Fat 0g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 10mg
- Total Carbohydrates 24g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 19g
- Protein 1g
- Vitamin A 4%
- Vitamin C 35%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 2%