Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Dairy foods like milk, cheese, and yogurt are rich in calcium, protein, and vitamins to help build strong bones and teeth. Eating dairy foods can lower your risk of developing a disease called osteoporosis that occurs when bones become weak and break easily. Calcium also keeps your nerves, heart, and muscles healthy, and may help regulate your blood pressure.
Yield: 3 servings
- ⅔ cup fat free milk*
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups frozen strawberries, no sugar added
- 1 banana, gently rubbed under cold running water, peeled
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process on high until smooth. Serve immediately.
*Add additional milk if you like a thinner smoothie.
Make your own smoothie recipe by blending fat-free milk or yogurt with fresh or frozen fruit. Try other fruits such as peaches, or mixed berries.
- Serving Size (⅓ of recipe):
- Calories 150
- Total Fat 1g
- Saturated Fat .5g
- Sodium 85mg
- Total Carbohydrates 29g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 6g