Dairy foods like milk, cheese, and yogurt are rich in calcium, protein, and vitamins to help build strong bones and teeth. Eating dairy foods can lower your risk of developing a disease called osteoporosis that occurs when bones become weak and break easily. Calcium also keeps your nerves, heart, and muscles healthy, and may help regulate your blood pressure.
- ⅔ cup fat free milk*
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups frozen strawberries, no sugar added
- 1 banana, gently rubbed under cold running water, peeled
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process on high until smooth. Serve immediately.
*Add additional milk if you like a thinner smoothie. 100% juice can also be substituted for the milk.
Make your own smoothie recipe by blending fat-free milk or yogurt with fresh or frozen fruit. Try other fruits such as peaches, or mixed berries.
- Serving Size (⅓ of recipe):
- Calories 150
- Total Fat 1g
- Saturated Fat .5g
- Sodium 85mg
- Total Carbohydrates 29g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 6g