Try to include different colored vegetables at each meal to make sure you are getting the important nutrients they provide. Choose vegetables that are dark green, red, or orange more often and try to eat more dry beans and peas.
- 1 spaghetti squash, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons dried basil OR 1/2 cup fresh basil, gently rubbed under cold running water and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, gently rubbed under cold running water and thinly sliced
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cut the squash in half. Place the 2 squash halves, cut side down, in glass baking dish.
- Add about 1/4 cup water and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high 12 minutes or until soft when pressed. Let stand covered for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, basil, oregano and 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Stir in tomatoes and season lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scrape squash out with a fork, add squash strands to tomato mixture and toss until combined.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Serving Size (1/4 of recipe):
- Calories 77
- Total Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Sodium 67mg
- Total Carbohydrates 7g
- Fiber 2g