Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes, Basil, and Parmesan
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons dried basil or 1/2 cup fresh basil, gently rubbed under cold running water and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, gently rubbed under cold running water and thinly sliced
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cut the squash in half. Place the 2 squash halves, cut side down, in glass baking dish.
- Add about 1/4 cup water and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high 12 minutes or until soft when pressed. Let stand covered for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, basil, oregano and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Stir in tomatoes and season lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scrape squash out with a fork, add squash strands to tomato mixture and toss until combined.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
- Calories 77
- Total Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Sodium 67mg
- Total Carbohydrates 7g
- Fiber 2g