Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
Yield: 8 servings
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 2 (15 oz.) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chilies
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup frozen corn (optional)
- Cheese, shredded (optional)
- Cooked rice or corn chips (optional)
- Fresh cilantro, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water. Spray slow cooker bowl with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker. Wash hands with soap and water after handling uncooked chicken.
- Add tomatoes, black beans, tomato sauce, green chilies, salsa and corn, if desired. Gently combine.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours and until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F as measured with a food thermometer.
- Thirty minutes before serving, remove chicken breast and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir.
- Serve over rice or top with cheese, tortilla chips or cilantro, if desired.
- Calories 230
- Total Fat 2g
- Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Sodium 845mg
- Total Carbohydrates 32g
- Fiber 10g