Skillet Tuna Melt
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 stalks celery, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced OR ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 (5 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained
- ⅓ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, gently rubbed under cold running water OR 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Heat oil in a medium sized skillet over medium heat. Add celery, onion and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add tuna, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Top with shredded cheese. Continue heating until the cheese is melted.
- Serve on toasted whole grain bread.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Serving Size (1/4 of recipe):
- Calories 270
- Total Fat 15g
- Saturated Fat 3.5g
- Sodium 530mg
- Total Carbohydrates 18g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 2g, includes 1g Added Sugars
- Protein 18g
- Vitamin D 6%
- Calcium 10%
- Iron 10%
- Potassium 6%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor