Dairy foods like milk, cheese, and yogurt are rich in calcium, protein, and vitamins to help build strong bones and teeth. Eating dairy foods can lower your risk of developing a disease called osteoporosis that occurs when bones become weak and break easily. Calcium also keeps your nerves, heart, and muscles healthy, and may help regulate your blood pressure.
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 2/3 cup 100% apple juice
- 2 cups frozen pineapple chunks, no sugar added
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 banana, gently rubbed under cold running water
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently wash spinach under cold running water. If spinach is marked "pre-washed" or "ready-to-eat", use the spinach without further washing.
- Place the apple juice and spinach leaves into a blender. Blend well.
- Add remaining ingredients to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Serving Size (1/4 of recipe):
- Calories 135
- Total Fat 1g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Sodium 35mg
- Total Carbohydrates 31g
- Fiber 2g