Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Apples
Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water
- 1 fuji apple or other baking apple, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water
- ½ Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 450 ⁰F.
- Peel sweet potatoes. Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Slice into ½ inch thick pieces.
- Core the apple. Cut into bite-sized chunks.
- In a 2-quart baking dish, add the sweet potatoes and apple. Drizzle vegetable oil over the mixture stirring to coat. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir. Bake 10 minutes, or until tender. Potatoes are tender when they can be pierced with a fork. If they are still hard, stir and return to oven. Check every 5 minutes until tender.
- When the potatoes are tender, drizzle with maple syrup and stir.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Serving Size (½ cup):
- Calories 100
- Total Fat 2g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 20mg
- Total Carbohydrates 21g
- Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 11g, includes 3g Added Sugars
- Protein 1g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 0%
- Potassium 8%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor