Fruits and veggies make this smoothie a good source of fiber. Adults should aim to consume 25-30 grams of fiber per day.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups pineapple, mixed berry, or other 100% juice
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 (6 ounce) container low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup ice
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently wash spinach under cold running water. If spinach is marked "pre-washed" or "ready-to-eat", use the spinach without further washing.
- Place spinach in blender with juice. Blend thoroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend.
- Serving Size (1/4 recipe):
- Calories 150
- Total Fat 1g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 3mg
- Sodium 40mg
- Total Carbohydrates 34g
- Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 23g
- Protein 4g
- Vitamin A 6%
- Vitamin C 125%
- Calcium 12%
- Iron 7%