Snacking can be an important part of a healthy diet. The key is to plan and choose snacks that are full of the good things our bodies need, instead of snacks that are full of extra calories, sugar, and fat.
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup wheat bran (if you do not have wheat bran, another 1/2 cup of quick oats can be substituted)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup nut butter (peanut, soy, almond, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons dried fruit (raisins, dried cranberries, etc.)
- 1 Tablespoon slivered almonds (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a small bowl, mix together oats and wheat bran.
- In a medium bowl, combine honey, nut butter, and vanilla extract. Stir until mixed well.
- Add oat mixture to honey mixture.
- Stir in dried fruit, almonds and chocolate chips, if desired.
- Spray cooking spray on one hand. Rub hands together.
- Using a spoon to portion out a small amount, roll mixture into 15 balls and serve.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Serving Size (1 ball):
- Calories 70
- Total Fat 2.5g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Sodium 20mg
- Total Carbohydrates 11g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 2g