MyPlate Snack Platter
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 cups assorted vegetables, such as: bell pepper slices, broccoli florets, carrot sticks, cauliflower florets, celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, snap peas, zucchini slices
- 3 cups assorted fruits, such as: apple slices, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, cherries, dried fruit, grapes, kiwi slices, mandarin orange slices, cantaloupe, watermelon, pineapple chunks
- 6 to 12 ounces grains, such as: pita chips, pretzels, tortilla chips, whole grain bread or crackers
- 4 to 8 ounces protein, such as: 1 cup hummus, ½ cup almonds, cashews, or peanuts, 8 ounces sliced chicken, ham or turkey or 8 ounces tofu
- 8 ounces dairy, such as: cheese cubes or slices, Greek yogurt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash fresh fruits and vegetables by gently rubbing soft fruits or vegetables under cold running water or scrub firmer fruits or vegetables with clean vegetable brush under running water.
- On a platter, baking sheet or plate, arrange desired vegetables, fruits, grains, protein and dairy options to create a delicious snack platter*.
- Feel free to include other foods not listed.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
*This snack platter could also serve as a great picnic option. Make a smaller serving for one on a plate. Dip selections could include your choice of: fruit dip, guacamole, ranch or salsa.
- Serving Size (1/6 of recipe):
- Calories 390
- Total Fat 21g
- Saturated Fat 8g
- Sodium 620mg
- Total Carbohydrates 40g
- Fiber 5g
- Total Sugars 10g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 16g
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor