Mini-Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal Muffins
Yield: 36 mini-muffins
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- ¼ cup quick oats (for topping)
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar (for topping)
- 1 Tablespoon melted margarine or butter (for topping)
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (for topping)
- Wash hands with soap and water. Spray mini-muffin tins with cooking spray or use mini-muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, quick oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Break egg into a small bowl. Wash hands with soap and water after cracking raw egg. Add pumpkin, milk and oil to egg. Mix well.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Fill muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Mix topping ingredients. Sprinkle topping evenly over muffins. Bake mini-muffins at 400°F for 8 to 12 minutes or until evenly browned. Bake regular-sized muffins for 15 to 18 minutes.
- Serving Size (1 muffin):
- Calories 69
- Total Fat 2.4g
- Saturated Fat 0.4g
- Sodium 96mg
- Total Carbohydrates 11g
- Fiber 0.6g
- Total Sugars 5g
- Protein 1.3g