Homemade Pizza Crust
Balancing the calories you eat with the calories your body uses will help you maintain a healthy weight and prevent disease.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ¾ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups vegetables, washed (sliced tomatoes, shredded carrots, sliced bell peppers, sliced onion, etc.)
- 5 ounces Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Fresh basil leaves, gently rubbed under cold running water (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Spray a large baking sheet or pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add oil and water. Stir until it forms a ball. If dough is stiff add up to ¼ cup more water.
- Knead dough on a floured surface for 3-4 minutes.
- Press/roll dough out on prepared pan.
- Spoon pizza sauce on dough.
- Arrange desired toppings over sauce. Sprinkle on cheese.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes. If using basil leaves, sprinkle on pizza before serving.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Serving Size (1/8 of pizza):
- Calories 220
- Total Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Sodium 582mg
- Total Carbohydrates 32g
- Fiber 3g
- Protein 10g