Halloween Party Popcorn Mix
Yield: 8 servings
- 16 cups air-popped popcorn, unsalted
- 1/2 cup candy corn
- 1/2 cup orange, brown, and yellow candy pieces filled with peanut butter
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Prepare popcorn according to the air popper directions.
- Add about 1/4 of the popcorn to a large bowl. Sprinkle about 1/4 of the candy on top of popcorn. Repeat layering of ingredients since mixing causes candy to fall to bottom of bowl.
- Serve with a scoop from a large bowl or fill a self-closing plastic bag with 2 cups of mixture for each person to enjoy.
- 1/2 cup of unpopped kernels equals 16 cups of popped popcorn.
- Prepare popcorn in a microwave according to package directions or on top of the stove.
- Add raisins, other dried fruit, nuts, gummy worms, or other orange and black candies.
- Serving Size (2 cups):
- Calories 172
- Total Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Sodium 60mg
- Total Carbohydrates 32g
- Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 16g
- Protein 3g
Adapted from Alice Henneman, MS, RDN. Healthy Halloween Party Foods with Popcorn. Retrieved from https://food.unl.edu/.