Pork Rice Bowls
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound ground pork
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup low-fat sour cream
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cucumber, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, peeled and shredded
- 1 jalapeno pepper (optional), scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, sliced
- ½ cup cilantro, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped
- 1 cup pickled vegetables or kimchi (optional)*
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large skillet, brown ground pork until internal temperature reaches 160°F when measured with a food thermometer. Drain fat.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, corn starch, ginger powder, garlic powder and sugar. Add to cooked meat and mix well. Cook for 1 minute or until the meat is coated and the sauce has thickened.
- Divide rice into 6 bowls. Top with meat, cucumber, carrot, jalapeno and cilantro. Add pickled vegetables, such as pickled daikon radish, carrots or kimchi, if desired. Drizzle with spicy sour cream and enjoy!
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
*Try this Quick Pickled Daikon Radish and Carrots recipe.
- Calories 330
- Total Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 2.5g
- Cholesterol 60mg
- Total Carbohydrates 33g
- Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 4g, includes 1g Added Sugars
- Protein 29g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 6%
- Iron 10%
- Potassium 10%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor