Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
Make half your plate fruits and vegetables
Yield: 10 servings
- 3 kiwi, gently rubbed under cold running water, peeled and diced
- 2 apples, gently rubbed under cold running water, peeled, cored, and diced
- 6 ounces, raspberries, washed gently under cool running water
- 1 pound strawberries, washed gently under cool running water, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons strawberry fruit preserves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 10 Whole wheat flour tortillas
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, combine kiwis, apples, raspberries, strawberries, 2 Tablespoons sugar, brown sugar, and fruit preserves. Mix gently.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar with cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut tortillas into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Coat one side of each wedge with cooking spray. Sprinkle wedges with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Spray again with cooking spray.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Serve with chilled fruit salsa.
- Serving Size (1/10 of recipe):
- Calories 210
- Total Fat 3g
- Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Sodium 230mg
- Total Carbohydrates 45g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 3g