Most adults should try to eat 2 cups of fruit each day. Buy fruit that is fresh, dried, frozen, and canned in water or juice, instead of syrup. Try mixing different colors and textures of fruits to create a healthy and tasty dessert.
- 1 cup applesauce (no sugar added)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) package frozen strawberries, sliced and unsweetened, thawed
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well.
- Spoon into 6 small freezer-safe containers.
- Freeze at least 4 hours, or until firm.
- Let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size (1/6 of recipe):
- Calories 68
- Total Fat 0g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 0mg
- Total Carbohydrates 17g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 13g
- Protein 1g
- Vitamin A 15%
- Vitamin C 90%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 4%