Frosty Chocolate-Dipped Bananas
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 firm, but ripe bananas
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Sprinkles or crushed nuts (optional)
- Wooden sticks or lollipop sticks
- Wash hands with soap and water. Line a baking sheet* with wax paper and set aside. Gently wash bananas under cold running water.
- Peel and cut the bananas in half. Poke each piece of banana with a stick and set on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave at 15–20 second intervals, stirring between each time until smooth.
- Dip the banana in the chocolate or hold the banana over a bowl and spoon chocolate over the top. Once coated in chocolate, roll the banana in the sprinkles or crushed nuts, if desired. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with each banana.
- Put the pops in the freezer for at least two hours or until frozen.
*Keep your freezer space in mind. You may need to use a small plastic container to hold the banana pops if you are short on freezer space.
- Serving Size (1/2 banana):
- Calories 190
- Total Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 0mg
- Total Carbohydrates 32g
- Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 23g, includes 15g Added Sugars
- Protein 2g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 0%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 6%