Fresh Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Crisps
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 strawberries
- ½ banana
- 1 apple
- 1 kiwi
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 2 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Wash hands with soap and water. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 pieces. Arrange on a baking sheet. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Combine ¾ teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tablespoon sugar. Sprinkle over tortillas slices.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes until slightly browned.
- Gently rub produce under cold running water. Peel and core the kiwi. Core the apple. Dice the strawberry, apple, banana, and kiwi into ¼ inch pieces. Mix orange juice, 1 tablespoon sugar, nutmeg, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Toss with fruit. Chill.
- Serve cinnamon crisps with fruit salsa.
- Store leftover salsa in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Snack Crediting for Ages 3-5 in CACFP - Fruit, Grains
- Calories 170
- Total Fat 1.5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 105mg
- Total Carbohydrates 38g
- Fiber 5g
- Total Sugars 23g, includes 12g Added Sugars
- Protein 2g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 6%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor
Recipe adapted from Fast Foods, Nebraska Extension 4-H Curriculum, 4H5000.