Fresh Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Crisps
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 strawberries
- ½ banana
- 1 apple
- 1 kiwi
- 2 Tablespoons orange juice
- 2 Tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 (8-inch) tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Wash hands with soap and water. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Gently rub produce under cold running water. Peel and core the kiwi. Dice the strawberry, apple, banana, and kiwi into ¼ inch pieces. Mix orange juice, 1 tablespoon sugar, nutmeg, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Toss with fruit. Chill.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 pieces. Arrange on a baking sheet. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Combine remaining 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tablespoon sugar. Sprinkle over tortillas slices.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes until slightly browned.
- Serve cinnamon crisps with fruit salsa.
- Serving Size (1/4 cup salsa and 1/2 tortilla):
- Calories 160
- Total Fat 2.5g
- Sodium 220mg
- Total Carbohydrates 32g
- Fiber 2g
Recipe adapted from Fast Foods, Nebraska Extension 4-H Curriculum, 4H5000.