Easy Stir Fry
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water and sliced
- 1 pound beef, pork, chicken, shrimp, or tofu, cubed or thinly sliced*
- 1 (14 ounce) package frozen oriental vegetables, thawed or 4 cups fresh vegetables, chopped (such as zucchini, broccoli, cabbage, mushrooms, etc)
- 2 cups rice, cooked (optional)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Saute onion for 1 minute.
- Add protein food of choice. Stir-fry until nearly cooked through. Add vegetables. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes, adding water if needed. Continue cooking until meat is cooked through.
- In a separate bowl, mix together water, cornstarch, lemon juice, sugar, and soy sauce. Mix well.
- Pour mixture onto vegetables. Heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over cooked rice if desired.
* You can leave out the meat to make vegetable stir fry.
- Serving Size (1/4 of recipe):
- Calories 460
- Total Fat 32g
- Saturated Fat 12g
- Cholesterol 85mg
- Sodium 390mg
- Total Carbohydrates 20g
- Fiber 5g
- Total Sugars 3g
- Protein 23g
- Vitamin A 100%
- Vitamin C 25%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 20%