Dill Rice Pilaf
Yield: 4 Servings
- 3 Tablespoons fresh dill, gently rubbed under cold running water, finely chopped
- ½ cup onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse dill by gently moving around in a bowl of cool water. Pat dry with a paper towel, then finely chop.
- Chop onion into small pieces.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium sized pot. Sauté the chopped onion for about a minute.
- Add 2 cups water, brown rice, salt, lemon juice, pepper and dill into the pot of sauteed onion and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat so the rice mixture is simmering and cover pot with a lid. Cook rice according to the directions on the package.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Substitute 1 Tablespoon of dried dill for the fresh dill.
- Calories 260
- Total Fat 8g
- Saturated Fat 1.5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 590mg
- Total Carbohydrates 42g
- Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 1g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 0%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 4%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor