Dill Rice Pilaf
Yield: 4 Servings
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, gently rubbed under cold running water, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse dill by gently moving around in a bowl of cool water. Pat dry with a paper towel, then finely chop.
- Chop onion into small pieces.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium sized pot. Sauté the chopped onion for about a minute.
- Add 2 cups water, brown rice, salt, lemon juice, pepper and dill into the pot of sauteed onion and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat so the rice mixture is simmering and cover pot with a lid. Cook rice according to the directions on the package.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Substitute 1 tablespoon of dried dill.