Snacking can be an important part of a healthy diet. Plan and choose snacks that are full of good things our bodies need instead of snacks that are full of extra calories, sugar and fat.
- 1/2 medium apple, gently rubbed under cold running water, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 (8 inch) whole wheat tortilla
- 2 Tablespoons crispy rice cereal
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Lay tortilla on a plate.
- Spread peanut butter in a thin layer over the tortilla.
- Place apple slices in an even layer over peanut butter.
- Sprinkle apple slices with cereal.
- Roll the tortilla up and cut in half.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days
- Serving Size (1/2 of a roll-up):
- Calories 140
- Total Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 1.5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 190mg
- Total Carbohydrates 19g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 6g, includes 1g Added Sugars
- Protein 4g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 2%
This recipe is provided by Iowa State University Extension and Outreach. For more resources like this, visit the Spend Smart. Eat Smart. website at http://spendsmart.extension.iastate.edu. Spend Smart. Eat Smart. is a registered trademark of Iowa State University.