Many kids enjoy gelatin as a snack or a treat. To add extra nutrients to gelatin, try using 100% cranberry juice in place of water to make gelatin cutouts. As you can see in the picture, you can make it more fun by using cookie cutters to create shapes. For a festive and tasty low calorie treat, make Cranberry Juice Gelatin Cutouts this holiday season. To add a little more power (aka nutrients) to your diet, try:
- Applesauce or 100% juice* in place of water to make gelatin.
- Combine fruit or veggies with non-fat or low-fat milk for a delicious smoothie.
- Top cereal with fruit.
- 4 (1 oz.) boxes of sugar-free strawberry and/or cherry gelatin
- 2 ½ cups 100 cranberry juice
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Pour cranberry juice into a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Carefully pour the cranberry juice into a large bowl. Add the gelatin and stir until completely dissolved.
- Pour the gelatin mixture into a 9 X 11 inch pan. Place in the refrigerator until firm.
- Use your favorite cookie cutters to make cutouts.
- Serving Size (1/12th of recipe):
- Calories 33
- Total Fat 0g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 26mg
- Total Carbohydrates 7 g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 0%
- Iron 0%
- Potassium 0%