Yield: Makes 24 cookies
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Wash hands with soap and water. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Break egg into a shallow dish. Wash hands with soap and water after cracking raw egg.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together butter, egg and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir together until mixture is well blended. (Note: you may need to use your hands to finish mixing dough.)
- Shape the dough into walnut-sized balls. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw cookie dough.
- Grease a cookie sheet, placing dough balls 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 11 to 13 minutes. Once done, cool on a wire rack.
- Serving Size (1 cookie):
- Calories 141
- Total Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 3.5g
- Sodium 103mg
- Total Carbohydrates 21g
- Fiber 1g