Colorful Potato Salad
Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, peeled and cubed
- 1 large baking potato, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse and prepare produce.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spray baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put potatoes on a baking pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Stir gently to coat potatoes thoroughly.
- Spread cubed potatoes evenly on baking pan.
- Bake at 450°F for 30 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- While potatoes are baking, mix together remaining 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and all other ingredients.
- Place baked potatoes in a bowl. Pour dressing over potatoes and toss to coat well. Serve warm or cold.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size (1/2 cup):
- Calories 230
- Total Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 1.2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 220mg
- Total Carbohydrates 36g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 18g, includes 15g Added Sugars
- Protein 2g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 10%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor
- EFNEP Families Eating Smart and Moving More. Cooking with EFNEP cookbook. North Carolina State University Cooperative Extension, 2016.