Chicken Pasta Salad
Yield: 7 Servings
- 1 cup bell pepper, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, diced
- 1/2 cup green onion, gently rubbed under cold running water, sliced
- 1 cup yellow squash, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, sliced
- 1 cup whole wheat pasta, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups canned chicken, drained
- 1/2 cup canned peas, drained
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian dressing
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Wash and prepare vegetables.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- For best results, chill for several hours to blend flavors.
- Store leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator.
- Use frozen peas instead of canned
- Substitute any other vegetables that you have available
- Serving Size (1 cup):
- Calories 180
- Total Fat 3g
- Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Sodium 390mg
- Total Carbohydrates 26g
- Fiber 7g
- Total Sugars 4g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 15g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 15%
- Potassium 8%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor
Recipe Credit: MyPlate Kitchen, North Carolina Department of Public Health & North Carolina Cooperative Extension