- 1 cup cornflakes
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon, granules
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning (optional)
- 1 pound chicken breast, skinless and boneless
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine corn flakes, bouillon, and seasonings in a plastic zip bag.
- Pour milk in a small bowl.
- Cut chicken in bite-sized pieces. Dip each piece of chicken in milk and then place in bag with coating mix. Gently shake to coat each piece evenly.
- Arrange coated chicken pieces on prepared baking sheet, so they are not touching.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling uncooked chicken.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 °F as measured with a food thermometer.
- Throw away any left-over coating mix.
Microwave option: Spray a microwave-safe dish with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange chicken pieces so they are not touching. Cover with wax paper and cook on high 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is tender. Rotate chicken pieces twice during cooking time.
- Serving Size (1/5 of recipe):
- Calories 210
- Total Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 75mg
- Sodium 260mg
- Total Carbohydrates 6g
- Fiber 0g
- Total Sugars 1g
- Protein 28g
- Vitamin A 6%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 10%