Choose poultry without skin and low-fat cooking methods such as baking. Your family will love this easy, lower fat and sodium chicken recipe.
- 1 cup cornflakes, crushed*
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon, granules
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- ½ teaspoon poultry seasoning (optional)
- ¼ cup low-fat milk
- 1 pound chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 425 ⁰F. Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine cornflakes, bouillon, and seasonings in a plastic zip bag.
- Pour milk in a small bowl.
- Cut chicken in bite-sized pieces. Dip each piece of chicken in milk and then place in bag with coating mix. Gently shake to coat each piece evenly.
- Arrange coated chicken pieces on prepared baking sheet so the pieces are not touching.
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling uncooked chicken.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 °F as measured with a food thermometer.
- Throw away any leftover coating mix.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
*3 ½ cups of cornflakes equal about 1 cup of crushed cornflakes
Microwave option: Spray a microwave-safe dish with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange chicken pieces so they are not touching. Cover with wax paper and cook on high 6 to 8 minutes or until chicken is tender and internal temperature reaches 165 °F as measured with a food thermometer. Rotate chicken pieces twice during cooking time.
- Serving Size (1/5 of recipe):
- Calories 210
- Total Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 75mg
- Sodium 260mg
- Total Carbohydrates 6g
- Fiber 0g
- Total Sugars 1g
- Protein 28g
- Vitamin A 6%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 10%