Campfire Apple Pie Packet
Yield: 1 serving
- 1 apple
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently rub apple under cold running water.
- Core and slice the apple.
- Place apple slices on a 12" foil square.
- Let children sprinkle with raisins, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Wrap the foil around the apple and seal using the fold over method. Wrap in a second layer of foil.
- Place packet on or just above white coals in your campfire or backyard fire ring (a grill works too, but not as much fun!).
- Using long-handled tongs, turn the packets after 5 minutes and cook 3 minutes more. Times may vary according to the hotness of the coals.
- Remove packet from the coals.
- Using hot pads or oven mitts, unwrap the apple pie and let cool a few minutes on a plate before serving.
- Serving Size (1 packet):
- Calories 137
- Total Fat 0g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 6mg
- Total Carbohydrates 37g
- Fiber 5g