Build-Your-Own Burrito Bowl
Foods found in the grain group such as bread, pasta, oatmeal, cereal, and tortillas are our body’s main source of energy.
Yield: 1 serving
- Protein (½ cup) such as cooked shredded chicken, pork or beef, cooked ground beef or black beans
- 1 cup starch (cooked according to package directions) such as brown rice, white rice or quinoa
- 3 vegetables (½ cup each) such as tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, corn, avocado, jalapeno, lettuce or roasted sweet potato
- Optional topping (1 to 2 tablespoons) such as salsa, low-fat sour cream, low-fat shredded cheese or cilantro
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a shallow bowl, add a protein and a starch to start your burrito bowl.
- Add three vegetables to your bowl. Depending on preference, use cooked or raw vegetables in your burrito bowl. Feel free to add other vegetables than the ones listed.
- If desired, add an optional topping(s).
- Calories 424
- Total Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Sodium 60mg
- Total Carbohydrates 78g
- Fiber 9g
- Protein 23g