Banana Oatmeal Coffee Cake
Yield: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 3)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (for topping)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed (for topping)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted (for topping)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (for topping)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, 1 1/3 cups oats, salt, and baking soda.
- Break eggs into a shallow dish. Wash hands with soap and water after cracking raw eggs.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil with 2/3 cup brown sugar. Beat in the eggs, then the bananas and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture into the banana mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Mix 3/4 cup oats, 1/3 cup brown sugar, melted butter or margarine and cinnamon together until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until it tests done with a toothpick. Transfer to a rack to cool. Store in a tightly covered container.
- Calories 280
- Total Fat 13g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Sodium 200mg
- Total Carbohydrates 40g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 22g, includes 18g Added Sugars
- Protein 4g
- Calcium 2%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 4%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor