Banana Kale Smoothie
Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 large kale leaf, gently rubbed under cold running water, stems removed
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 ripe banana, gently rubbed under cold running water, peeled
- 4 to 6 ice cubes
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse and prepare produce. Let kale air-dry or dry with a paper towel. Remove the leaves from the main thick stems (also called the rib) in the middle of the leaf using your hands or kitchen scissors. Tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Add milk, then yogurt to a blender.
- Next, add kale to the blender.
- Break banana into chunks and add to the blender.
- Add the ice cubes to the blender.
- Add lid to the blender and begin blending. Start on a lower speed and then increase speed. Puree until smooth.
- You can use nonfat or low-fat vanilla yogurt in place of the nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt.
- If desired, add 1 cup frozen or fresh berries like strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
- Serving Size (1 cup):
- Calories 170
- Total Fat 0g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 75mg
- Total Carbohydrates 30g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 21g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 13g
- Vitamin D 6%
- Calcium 15%
- Iron 0%
- Potassium 10%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor
Recipe written by Alice Henneman.