Air Fryer Pork and Apple Burgers
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 egg
- 1 apple, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 pound ground pork
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 whole wheat burger buns
- Sauce of choice (optional)
- 1 tomato, gently rubbed under cold running water, sliced
- 1 ½ cups spring greens or arugula, gently rubbed under cold running water
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Crack egg into a large bowl and beat with fork. Wash hands with soap and water after cracking raw eggs.
- Add grated apple, ground pork, breadcrumbs, onion and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 parts and shape into patties. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw meat.
- Set the air fryer to 400°F and preheat for 5 minutes.
- Place the patties in an air fryer basket. Make sure they are not touching. Cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 160°F on a food thermometer.
- Toast buns if desired. Assemble with a sauce of your choice (if desired), cooked patties, slices of tomato and top with spring greens.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Serving Size (1 burger):
- Calories 350
- Total Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 2.5g
- Cholesterol 85mg
- Sodium 260mg
- Total Carbohydrates 36g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 7g, includes 3g Added Sugars
- Protein 32g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 10%
- Iron 15%
- Potassium 10%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor