We often think of candy when it comes to Valentine's Day but there are lots of ways to celebrate with fun, special foods.
- Use heart shapes! Cookie cutters or a steady knife can create heart-shaped toast, pancakes or English muffins. Top with peanut butter and red jam or jelly.
- Yogurt parfait with yogurt, a red fruit (raspberries, watermelon, red apples, etc.)sprinkled with granola or your favorite cereal.
- Heart-shaped pizza -shape pizza dough or bread dough into a heart. Spread with your favorite tomato pizza sauce. Add your choice of toppings.
Try this quick, healthy snack at home or for your child's Valentine's Day party. The heart-shaped cereal makes it cute and fun to munch! Feel free to change ingredients to whatever you have on hand.
- 2 cups pretzels
- 2 cups heart-shaped cereal
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Wash hands with soap and water. Stir together all ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Serving Size (1/2 cup):
- Calories 118
- Total Fat 4g
- Sodium 132mg
- Total Carbohydrates 21g
- Fiber 2g
This newsletter has been peer-reviewed.