With 18+ hour workdays, the stress of the weather, markets, and limited healthy, one-handed dining options, it's easy to put health on the back burner during the busy seasons of planting and harvest. While in-person and online support surrounding nutrition and health seems almost endless these days, the unique challenges of the ag community, including both farmers and their families, have largely been overlooked. Food in the Field aims to fill this gap!
About the Online Program
Food in the Field Online is a FREE nutrition education program created by Nebraska Extension and is designed to help ag professionals, and their families, make better eating choices during their busiest times. After watching four quick and simple video lessons (15-20 minutes each), participants will:
- Understand the basics of a healthy eating pattern and get tools for long-term success
- Learn how to prepare easy, healthy meals at home
- Receive new, healthy recipes that can be enjoyed at the table or in the field
- Gain tips for how to pack food for the field with health in mind
Register for Food in the Field Online
By registering for this FREE program, you will be granted access to a password-protected website where you will find four Food in the Field video lessons and simple recipes you can use in your own home. By viewing all four lessons and using these recipes, we hope you will feel better equipped to make healthy choices for yourself and your family, especially during the busy seasons of planting and harvest.
Ready to register?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Once I start the online program, do I have to finish it in one sitting? No—you can log back in to the website as often as you need to finish watching the four video lessons and to access the recipes and handouts.
How do I log back into the website if I lose my registration email with the site link and password? After registering, print off the email or write down password so that you can log back in at any time. If necessary, you can reach out to Hannah (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tara (email@example.com) for additional help.
I am not an ag professional. Can I still register for the online program? Absolutely! We all lead busy lives and could benefit from the nutrition information and helpful tips and tricks covered in this program.
In-Person Offerings of Food in the Field
Did you know Food in the Field can be delivered in-person? We have a few in-person options that may be of interest to you. Whether you are looking to attend as an individual or are looking to schedule a Food in the Field program for a group you represent, please contact Hannah (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tara (email@example.com) for all in-person inquiries.
- Food in the Field 1-Hour Presentation: This version of Food in the Field is delivered using a combination of PowerPoint slides and group discussion. It is great for the following settings: classroom, workplace trainings, conferences, in-services, and more.
- Food in the Field 1-Hour Presentation + Cooking Demo: This version of Food in the Field is delivered using a combination of PowerPoint slides, group discussion, and a cooking demonstration of one custom recipe. It is great for the following settings: classroom, workplace trainings, conferences, in-services, and more.
- Food in the Field Full In-Person Program: This version of Food in the Field is delivered as a series where all four lessons are taught using a combination of PowerPoint slides, group discussion, and a cooking demonstration to accompany each of the four lessons. It is great for groups looking for a more in-depth learning experience and that have the availability to attend/schedule four separate 45-minute sessions.