Subscribe to Food Fun for Young Kids
Sign up for email notification when the latest Food Fun recipe / idea is posted (about once per month) so you don't miss out! Your email address is used only for sending you the latest posting and is not shared. For questions or comments, contact Cami Wells (email@example.com)
Please note: Remember to check your junk or spam e-mail folder for the initial subscription notification if you don't see an e-mail in your inbox in a timely manner.
- Table Talkers - ideas for fun conversations at the dinner table with your young children
- Feeding without the Fuss - Slideshow and PowerPoint
- MyPlate and Feeding Preschoolers: Help your preschooler eat well, be active, and be healthy. This section of the MyPlate website is for parents and caregivers of children 2 through 5 years of age (Source USDA.)
- Kids a Cookin: Step-by-step videos and information for preparing nutritious, delicious, but most of all, fun recipes. These recipes are not only simple to prepare and affordable, but are an excellent way to share the joys of cooking with your kids (Source: K-State Research and Extension's Family Nutrition Program).
- Choking Hazards: Children and infants do not grind or chew their food well and may attempt to swallow food whole. Large pieces of food easily can lodge in the throat and result in choking. For infants to age 1, cut up foods into small pieces no larger than 1/4 inch. Toddlers and preschoolers generally can eat foods cut in pieces no larger than 1/2 inch (Source: North Dakota Extension).