Whole Wheat Soft Pretzels
- 1 envelope (or 2¼ teaspoons) quick rise yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Mix yeast, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Stir in warm water and oil to make a soft dough.
- Knead on floured surface until dough is smooth and elastic. Form into pretzels or any other shape.*
- Bake on a greased cookie sheet in a 425°F oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
* Can brush pretzels with oil or melted butter and top with coarse salt before baking.
Snack Crediting for Ages 3-5 in CACFP - Grain
- Calories 150
- Total Fat 1.5g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 190mg
- Total Carbohydrates 30g
- Fiber 3g
- Total Sugars 0g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 5g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 0%
- Iron 10%
- Potassium 2%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor