Turkey and Cucumber Sandwich
- ½ cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 fresh dill sprigs, gently rubbed under cold running water, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, chopped
- ½ cup cucumbers, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 ounces turkey breast, thinly sliced
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse and prepare produce.
- Mix the yogurt, dill, onion, chopped cucumbers, pepper and salt (optional) in a medium-sized bowl. Spread mixture on 4 slices of bread.
- Top yogurt mixture with turkey and cover with a slice of bread.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Swap out the fresh dill for ½ teaspoon dried dill.
- Add cucumber slices on top of the turkey for more texture and nutrients.
- Use low-sodium deli turkey to reduce the amount of sodium in the recipe.
- Serving Size (1 sandwich):
- Calories 280
- Total Fat 4.5g
- Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Sodium 760mg
- Total Carbohydrates 42g
- Fiber 4g
- Total Sugars 8g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 21g
- Vitamin D 0%
- Calcium 10%
- Iron 10%
- Potassium 6%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor
Recipe Credit: MyPlate Kitchen, The Grain Chain