Multi-Cooker Tuscan Soup
Yield: 10 servings
- 1 pound fresh pork sausage
- 1 onion, scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 5 medium red potatoes (about 1 pound), scrubbed with clean vegetable brush under running water, sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 3 cups kale leaves, gently rubbed under cold running water, stems removed and chopped
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Using the sauté function on your multi-cooker. Add sausage to the pot and cook stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until browned. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Wash hands after handling uncooked meat.
- Add chopped onion to the pot and cook stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until softened. Add garlic, stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the broth and stir well, scraping the bottom to deglaze the pot. Add sausage, potatoes and Italian seasoning and stir.
- Place lid on multi-cooker and lock according to manufacturer’s instructions. Make sure the valve is set to sealing position.
- Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes followed by a 10-minute natural release, then a quick release. Once pin drops, remove lid.
- Add chopped kale and stir. Cover and let sit for 5 minutes to soften the kale.
- Stir in milk. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Serving Size (About 1 cup):
- Calories 260
- Total Fat 13g
- Saturated Fat 4.5g
- Cholesterol 40mg
- Sodium 420mg
- Total Carbohydrates 22g
- Fiber 2g
- Total Sugars 3g, includes 0g Added Sugars
- Protein 14g
- Vitamin D 6%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 15%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor