Yield: 10 servings
- 2 cups white rice, long-grain uncooked
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) nonfat evaporated milk
- 1 ⅓ cups sugar
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine rice, water and cinnamon sticks in the bowl of a blender.
- Let mixture stand at room temperature for about three hours.
- Blend mixture in blender until rice just begins to break up.
- Strain the rice water into a pitcher and discard the rice and pieces of cinnamon stick. Stir the milk, evaporated milk and sugar into the rice water.
- Chill and stir before serving over ice.
- Calories 270
- Total Fat 0g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 70mg
- Total Carbohydrates 60g
- Fiber 1g
- Total Sugars 34g, includes 27g Added Sugars
- Protein 6g
- Vitamin D 6%
- Calcium 15%
- Iron 6%
- Potassium 6%
Nutrition Software Used:
ESHA Food Processor
Adapted from MyPlate Kitchen and North Dakota Food and Culture: A Taste of World Cuisine. North Dakota State University Extension Service